Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tuesday's Game Reinforces Bulls' Chances

With tickets available for about $30 (thirty bucks!), myself and a few friends head over to the UC on Tuesday. The buzz in the crowd was noteworthy; I thought it was the "cool" thing to hate on the Bulls right now. Sam Smith touches on the issue nicely, but it seems to me like the typical negativity and pessimism of Chicago fans.

Perhaps the best part of the game was booing Evan Turner. I've never seen a hometown player garner as much hate, even more than Dwyane Wade post-Heat forming the super villains. I saw his family after the game and was surprised to see them hanging out after the game. Ballsy, but I guess his brother or something was about 6'8.

Nevertheless, the game reinforced what we already knew: Philadelphia is not good at all. We stopped Spencer Hawes and LaVoooooooooy Allen (future Hall-of-famer based on this series), and made their guards beat us. Personally, I enjoy seeing Andre Iguodala taking three's, fadeaways, and, well, anything that isn't a fastbreak dunk. The decimated Bulls are better than this Philly squad, even with Asik not running back on defense.

I suspect tonight will be more of the same suffocating defense and struggling offense. Let's just hope Luol remembers who to play like its 2005 again. As always, #freemikejames, but I think we might also want to #stoplavoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment