Monday, May 7, 2012

Dispair...Nah we got this

I don't mean to be an eternal optimist...okay I admit I'm a permaBull...but I really don't think we're out of this series.

Game 3 shook me literally so badly that I couldn't write about it. I was depressed. I was angry. I haven't seen a team Thibs team lose their fight like that. For a second I thought maybe LeBron had joined us.

Game 4 wasn't much better. Even though we controlled the tempo, you never really got the feeling we would win. Omer Asik filled in valiantly for Joakim, but it didn't matter. CJ and JL3 were...meh. Mike James sat on the bench, and we started the #freemikejames campaign. So far I think we have a follower. Maybe.

I can't help but wonder how differently things would have played out assuming we had Ben Gordon instead of Carlos Boozer (motivated Ben). We'd be able to score easily with BG bombing 3's in the clutch. But instead we have Boozer flailing like Dwyane Wade looking for fouls and brick city from Rip, Ronnie, and co.

Our main hope for game 5 is that Philly is awful. I mean, they are really fucking bad. I don't know if anyone but maybe Jrue Holiday would even get burn on a playoff team. So far we've been destroyed by CJ's poor defense forcing Asik to stay at home to help and leave Spencer Hawes open for 20 footers. Spencer HAWES is killing us. That's not a good thing.

I think we'll be fine, and Philly should eventually beat themselves.

#freemikejames and go Bulls!

No comments:

Post a Comment