Monday, October 11, 2010

Initial Pre-Season Reactions

When I looked at my notes for this post, the one thing that stuck out is that Omer Asik is absolutely terrible. As I told fellow contributor Corey Hickman, his top potential is 13th man off the bench. He doesn't put his hands up on defense, he looks more scared than girlfriends around centipedes. He can explode, but he compliments that explosiveness with the ability to airball fade-away hook shots like nothing we've ever seen. He would exceed my expectations if he could even be better than Dalibor. WOW.

Other observations:
  • Derrick is ready to take the leap to top 10 player in the NBA, if he's not already there. Such an improved jumpshot.
  • The defense is swarming. Tommy T's got even Lu playing D!
  • Luol is much better in this offense. I'm hoping this year I don't have a heart attack every time he puts the ball on the floor. Shoot it Lu, but please do not dribble.
  • Korver can play. Not defense, but his offense is superb. Can you imagine the drive and kicks? Either he'll score 15-17ppg or Rose will score 30 if they don't collapse on him. 
  • Whoever starts in the backcourt opposite Rose is 100000x better than Pargo or Kirk. Make that 1000000000x. 
  • I am getting hot and bothered thinking about Boozer in this offense. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment