Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome Omer Asik and Ashton Kutcher

Damnit, I think I meant Kyle Korver, but sometimes its hard to tell.

Korver inked with the Bulls for 3 years and $15 million. He brings with him a career 41% 3 point shot, and a sizzling 54% last year. Can he play defense? Well...um...no, but he can play up on shooters and hope Noah can provide good help.

He also completely dissed MJ and the Bulls, which was absolutely hilarious. He was a Lakers' fan. He told us that, "Michael Jordan was selfish, and I hated the Bulls."

Omer Asik?

He's huge. 7 feet, 255 lbs. And Turkish. He's a big-time rebounder and pretty decent scorer in the Turkish basketball league, and he can allegedly block shots quite well. The next Dalibor? Maybe. But who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll grind out and Erick Dampier-like niche.

Speaking of which, Michael Jordan compounds his resume of stupid basketball moves by swapping Tyson Chandler for Dampier and Matt Carroll. Maybe the Bobcats need some good outside shooitng, but reacquiring Carrol does not really make this team any better. I suspect its better than the horrendous deal taking on Reggie Evans and Jose Calderon that MJ recently cancelled.

I'm still holding out hope that the Bulls can get any point guard not named Keyon Dooling.

I'd much rather take a flier on Shaun Livingston (Peoria-Richwoods) or even former Crane Tech and Kansas star Sherron Collins.

1 comment:

  1. Creighton's finest. I saw him play some MVC games vs my ISU Birds. Korver is the goods!

    ReplyDelete