Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What Could Have Been

Yes, now that I have time, I'm dedicated to this blog. Anyways, finals study break...so let's take a look at the really odd veteran team the Bulls could have had. Let's assume the stupid Tyson Chandler trade never happened, and Jalen Rose never came to town. This team actually could be a contender...

Point Guard

Jay Williams (Jason again at this point)

I know he gets a lot of blame for ruining his own career, and some people, but I was always sippin the Kool-Aid.

My projected line for Jay:

13ppg 8apg 4rpg 1.5spg, 43% FG 37% 3FG

He's a crucial member of this veteran Bulls' team.


Jamal Crawford (my lovely 2guard)

Thanks to a great season with ATL where he somehow shed the ballhog reputation by being paid to be a ballhog, you may not think I've lost my mind yet. Jason didn't turn in the scorer, but Jamal sure did. And he can hog it on this team.

My stat line:

24ppg 4apg 5rpg 1 spg 45% FG 39% 3FG




Ron Artest (Not Ruffin, why the hell is he in this same class?)

Yeah, I know, he drank Hennesse at half time. He punched a few fans. He's a nut. But I love his defense, and role on this team, because you damn well know Crawford s not d-in up LeBron, Kobe, or Wade. And *spoiler* we don't have Kirk.

Drunken stats:

15ppg 4apg 7rpg 2spg 1bpg 42%FG 36%3FG







Elton Brand (My PF)

Elton Brand was, at the time, my favorite Bull. I thought him and JWill was meant to be something special. Then Jerry Krause made the worst trade in the history of trading, making the Pilgrams trading Native Americans small pox blankets look like a good deal. This deal basically can be broken down like this:

Elton Brand becomes Tyson Chandler who becomes PJ Brown and Ben Wallace who becomes Larry Hughes...ewwwwww. Now hopefully that can turn into something this off-season, otherwise, I'm disgusted.

Dream line: (he's regressing now)

14ppg 3apg 9rpg 1.5bpg 54% FG and I hope to God he's not taking three's.


Eddy Curry

In this universe, he laughs at the word heart condition...the only thing he has...is too much heart. He decided not to get fat, cut out McDonald's and stopped trying to seduce chauffier's.

He's good!!

16ppg 2apg 8rpg 1bpg 56% FG


That's a sick ass starting five. Especially with Eddy pretending like he enjoys the game.

Our bench looks great too!

C - Joakim Noah (money defense, energy, hustle, and plays a lot spelling Brand and Curry)
PF - Marcus Fizer (instant offense, hell, EB is old, maybe he gets a few starts as Brand sits out)
SF - Andres Nocioni (I dare you to find another option...Tim Thomas? Fizer?)
SG - Ben Gordon (BG, Crawford, and Fizer are involved in a triple homicide of each other over the ball)
PG - Chris Duhon (He won't mind riding the pine, he's probably not going to get much burn with JWill, JCrawf and BG, not a CHANCE at taking any shots)

This is an...interesting team... but more importantly really fun to do.

Honorable Mentions:

Tyrus Thomas: Just too much of a headcase

LaMarcus Aldridge: Dream...but we did have him before inexplicably trading a sure fire solid big man for some "raw" (read: not very good) talent.

Derrick Rose: Sadly, with this team, we probably wouldn't have sucked so bad and had a chance to get him. Basically, in this reality, the Bulls are kind of set at PG.

Michael Pietrus: We might have drafted him, I was obsessed, but I'd rather have Noc airballing three's and getting crazy boards.

Luol Deng: I really really really wanted to put him on here, but I love the defense and toughness Ronny Ron gives us.

Kirk Hinrich: I felt bad making him play with all these ballhogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment