Monday, January 20, 2014

Cartier Martin is Here to Stay

If you know anything about your humble author, it is that he loves random players. Does it matter if that player is good? Not really. It matters that he plays for the Bulls.



Such is how I feel about Cartier Martin. In a former life I did extensive research on the jewelry company, Cartier, so please excuse any sort of diamond joke that I may eventually bust out.

I think it is safe to say that Cartier is a diamond in the rough. Cartier is a fantastic shooter, and he's shown the ability to make the right pass at the right time. He's a little clumsy defensively, often looking like a giant without much agility, but I'm confident Tom Thibodeau and company can assist him.

At 29, it's probably a tad too late to expect Cartier to become more than an end of the rotation player, but he brings much needed wing depth and shooting to the table. I suspect he'll spend the rest of the year with the Bulls out of necessity as much as anything.

In case you've been thrown off by him sitting on the sidelines, Marquis Teague has been traded to the Brooklyn Nets for Tornike Shengelia. Teague was never going to make it in Chicago (mainly because he lacked any skillset), but I'm not sure we'll see much of Shengelia. Thibodeau is hesitant to play new people, and Shegelia did not show much in Brooklyn. Still, he's a big body with some potential. I can't wait to see him hit the court.

Coming later this week: some thoughts on tanking (or not tanking).





No comments:

Post a Comment