Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bull of the Day: Tom Boerwinkle

Okay, I'll admit it: I've fallen in love with my Bull of the Day being a random, mediocre role player that I loved in the early-mid 2000's. So how about some history!

How about some TOM BOERWINKLE?

You might know Tom...he's really tall, he's on the opening montage video and he was the Bulls' leading rebounder until some guy name Michael re-wrote the record books.

Tom was, by all accounts, a good rebounder. He played on some bad Bulls teams for about 10 years, where he didn't shoot, but did grab some boards. However, he was overshadowed by the legendary Artis Gilmore, and he didn't really last a long time in the league.

I can't say I've ever seen him play. Ever.

To me, he looks like your quintessential tall white guy who played because he was tall and your every day enforcer.

Maybe an older reader can shed some light?


1 comment:

  1. Sorry, just saw this. Boers was an excellent passing and rebounding high post center. Not much of a scorer, he could shoot from the top of the key, but as per Dick Motta, his role didn't allow for him to shoot very much. Set bone-rattling picks! Beloved by Love, Walker, Sloan, Van Lier and the other Bulls for his unselfishness. He could play today and start on a team built to take advantage of his skills, no doubt. Not a stiff by any means!

    ReplyDelete